Susan G. Komen for the Cure® “Pink Passions” Prize Drawing
- DRAWING IS SPONSORED BY THE SUSAN G. KOMEN BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION INC. D/B/A SUSAN G. KOMEN FOR THE CURE® (“SPONSOR”) AND IS OFFERED ONLY IN FLORDIA. NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- ELIGIBILITY. Drawing open to individuals who are legally residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor and members of such employees’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees are not eligible to win. Void outside the United States and where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
- TO ENTER. Between 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on January 5, 2011 and 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on March 4, 2011, (the “Promotion Period”) you may enter the drawing by (i) obtaining an official entry from a committee member of Sponsor’s Perfect Pink Party event (“Event”) or in an official Event invitation; (ii) completing the entry; and (iii) submitting the completed entry to an Event committee member in person or by sending the completed entry to the following address: The Perfect Pink Party, 340 Royal Poinciana Way, Suite 317/310, Palm Beach, Florida 33480. In order to be eligible to win, you must completely and accurately fill in the entry and provide all required information, including full name, complete address, telephone number(s) (including area code), and email address. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on March 4, 2011. Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged nor returned. There is no limit on the number of entries per person.
- Enter by making a donation to Susan G. Komen for the Cure: Make a donation via cash or check made payable to Susan G. Komen for the Cure and complete and submit the entry; or
- Enter the drawing without a donation: Submit the entry without an accompanying donation.
All donations to Komen for the Cure will be used to support Komen’s mission to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all and energize science to find the cures and end breast cancer forever.
- PRIZE DETAILS: Four (4) Grand Prize winners will receive a Pink Pampering Beauty Experience consisting of gift certificates for (i) the following services for one (1) at service provider(s) in or around Palm Beach, Florida: haircut, hair color, blowout, spa manicure, spa pedicure, facial, massage, teeth whitening and botox; and (ii) dinner for two (2) at a restaurant in or around Palm Beach, Florida. The Total Approximate Retail Value (APR) of the Grand Prize is $1,750.00. Any difference between the APR and actual value will not be awarded. All gift certificates must be redeemed prior to the date provided by the applicable service provider/restaurant. All prizes have been donated to Sponsor by the service providers/restaurants.
Except as provided herein, each winner is responsible for any applicable fees, service charges or surcharges, gratuities, federal, state and local taxes, transportation, incidentals, and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Grand Prize. All prizes are provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by a winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value if any prize becomes unavailable.
- DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZES. On 9:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on March 11, 2011 at The Mar-a-Lago Club at 1100 South Ocean Boulevard, Palm Beach, Florida 33480, all eligible entries will be consolidated into a single drawing and Sponsor will select each winner in a random drawing from among all such eligible entries. Entrants do not need to be present at the time of drawing to be eligible to win. Each potential winner will be notified by phone and/or email, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each potential winner will be required to respond (as directed) within five (5) days of attempted notification. A potential winner's failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the applicable prize, and in such case and if time permitting, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate winner for such prize from among the remaining eligible entries. Each winner will be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, within five (5) days from date of issuance, or the applicable prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If a winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the foregoing documents must be confirmed and signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and the applicable prize will be delivered and awarded in name of minor’s parent/legal guardian. A signed release must be received by Sponsor before the prize is awarded. In the event that a winner does not provide the required release, winner will forfeit the applicable prize. Neither Sponsor nor any of its prize suppliers will replace any lost or stolen prizes.
- ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- TAXES. Any valuation of a prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Except as provided herein, each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Each winner will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- OTHER CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this drawing or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the drawing, or (b) the drawing is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsor. By entering, participants agree (a) to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which shall be final; (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates and each of the respective foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the drawing or acceptance or use of any prize or participation in any drawing related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (c) if selected as a winner, to the use by Sponsor (except where prohibited) of winner’s name, town and likeness, on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation, for advertising and promotional purposes. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems or human error, (ii) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (iii) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). The use of automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this drawing in any way shall be disqualified.
- DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this drawing or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Dallas, Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the drawing but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the drawing, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
- WINNER’S LIST. The name of the winner will be posted on the Sponsor’s website at www.komen.org/rules on or about April 1, 2011.
- STATE DISCLOSURE. A copy of Sponsor’s latest financial report may be obtained by writing to The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. d/b/a Susan G. Komen for the Cure at its principal place of business located at 5005 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway, Suite 250, Dallas, Texas 75244. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, 1-800-435-7352 (800-HELP-FLA) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. Florida Registration #CH-05316.
Copyright 2011 The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.