Starting in September, more than twenty five General Mills brands will carry pink Save Lids to Save Lives lids. For each pink lid received by June 30, 2014, General Mills will donate 10 cents to Susan G. Komen, up to $1.5 million. For additional ways to trigger donations and participate in the fight against breast cancer, visit www.savelidstosavelives.com
• This year, for the first time, Save Lids to Save Lives will expand with Pledge your Part, a way for consumers to make a personal commitment in the fight against breast cancer. Learn more about Pledge your Part at www.savelidstosavelives.com
• For the second year in a row, Save Lids to Save Lives will feature more than 25 brands, including Yoplait, Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Nature Valley, Green Giant, Betty Crocker and Pillsbury.
• Consumers can clip, collect and send pink lids together found on participating products. Select participating brands, like Yoplait, will carry a code on the lid that can be entered at www.savelidstosavelives.com. Consumers may also dedicate their online lids to honor or celebrate someone who inspired them to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer.
• Donations triggered from the Save Lids to Save Lives program will be donated to Susan G. Komen and its network of Affiliates. General Mills will track the zip codes from lids redeemed and ensure donations go back to breast cancer outreach and research programs in local communities.
• General Mills has supported the breast cancer for more than 15 years cause through programs like Yoplait’s Save Lids to Save Lives pink lid campaign and Pink Together, a social community for those touched by the disease. Through these and other initiatives, they have contributed more than $50 million to the breast cancer cause.