From American Airlines to Yoplait, our Corporate Partners offer consumers a variety of ways to get involved in the fight against breast cancer.
Whether a program offers to donate a portion of product sales or requires consumer participation in exchange for a donation, our objective is that all programs that benefit us are meaningful, educate women and men about the disease and generate significant funds for research and community outreach.
With so many cause-related marketing programs out there, how can you be sure your money is going where it should? In order to determine if a cause-related program or promotion is one that you would like to support (or is worthy of your support), it is important to ask a few key questions. Become a savvy consumer. Review our Five Questions to Ask and learn how to identify cause marketing programs you can feel good about.
1. Is this company committed?Read the product packaging and promotional materials or display and visit the company Web site to make sure the company is credible and committed to the cause.
2. How is the program structured?Transparency is key. Is the company clearly stating how the money is raised and how much will be going to charity? For example, if it's a donation per purchase, ask how much of purchase price goes to charity—is it two percent or 10 percent—or some other amount? If there is a minimum contribution guaranteed by the company, what is the amount? Is there a maximum donation that will be made by the company?
3. Who does the program benefit?Does it support a well-managed, reputable non-profit or fund? Again, we recommend that consumers read Web sites. We make it very clear on our site who we are, how we structure programs and how the monies are used. The Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance is one resource for information on non-profit organizations if you are unsure (visit www.give.org).
4. How will the organization that benefits use my money?It should be abundantly clear where the monies go. What organization will they support? Will the dollars generated go to research, education, community programs or all of the above? we are very specific about our programs, activities and grants awarded to support our mission to eradicate breast cancer as a life-threatening disease. View the our most recent Annual Report.
5. Is the program meaningful to me?Is the program supporting a cause you believe in or have been touched by? Based on the details of the program and the potential for dollars to be raised does the program make sense to you? Selecting the right program is a personal choice based on your interests, your passions and a cause that is important to you.
Every two minutes, another case of breast cancer is diagnosed in the U.S. In the next two minutes, you can help give the gift of hope. Become a monthly donor to help us support research, treatment assistance, education and more.