Our corporate partners provide Susan G. Komen for the Cure with an opportunity to reach out to a variety of audiences with important breast health and breast cancer information and to raise funds to support breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment. In addition, the initiatives provide corporate supporters an opportunity to make a positive impact on the fight against breast cancer—and involve employees and consumers in the cause.
In today's economy, Americans believe it's more important than ever for companies to be socially responsible (Cone/Duke University Behavioral Cause Study) In fact, 83% of Americans wish more of the products, services and retailers they use would support causes (2010 Cone Cause Evolution Study ).
We always welcome the opportunity to develop new corporate partnerships. Our cause marketing team looks for companies with a solid history and strong brand image who would like to make a contribution that is significant and clearly defined to the consumer. Furthermore, our goal is to offer a wide variety of opportunities for people to get involved.
We strive to provide each of our donors with a unique way to support the cause that is important to them. Komen for the Cure strongly adheres to the Better Business Bureau's Standards for Charity Accountability.
If your company meets these initial criteria and you'd like to explore a mutually beneficial relationship with Komen for the Cure, please contact Melinda Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you are looking to market a product using Komen's licensed marks, have a specific proposal in mind, or would just like to speak with one of our Cause Related Marketing professionals on how you can begin a partnership with the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, we would love to hear from you.
Race for the Cure® Sponsorships
National Race Series Sponsors
Our National Race Series sponsors make the Komen Race for the Cure possible. Read about our current National Race sponsors and the exciting things they are doing on behalf of the Komen for the Cure.
To inquire about becoming a National or Regional Race Sponsor, please contact us.
To inquire about becoming a local Race sponsor at one of our 130 Races, please visit our Race for the Cure site.
Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure® SponsorshipA Capitol Tradition
The Global Race for the Cure is Komen’s flagship Race for the Cure event with millions of media impressions, celebrity attendance, and extensive support from Capitol Hill. On June 4, 2011, the 22nd annual Race for the Cure event was held in Washington, DC with nearly 40,000 participants, including 3,286 breast cancer survivors, joined together in the 5K event, as a living testament to the power that one person can make a difference. Funds raised through the Komen Global Race are invested in DC area based breast cancer research and outreach programs, serving the breast health needs of millions.
Global Race by the Numbers
• Since Komen began granting directly to the National Capital Area (NCA) 22 years ago, more than $24 million has been invested into local organizations
• Komen funded $6.5 million in grants to the NCA in 2009 and 2010 alone and has committed another $4.5 million in 2011
• The 2011 Global Race garnered 32.3 million media impressions through radio, print, TV and social media
• Decision-makers, politicos, and DC influentials came out in full force, including 41 congressional teams and 27 international teams
Where the Funds Go
• 75% of Komen’s National Capital Area (NCA) net income stays in the DC metropolitan area (including parts of VA and MD) to fund local screening, treatment, and education programs for the medically underserved. In addition, Komen NCA grants to organizations offering treatment assistance & patient support services.
• The remaining 25% helps fund Komen’s work around the globe to share knowledge and experience, and to fund education and breast health services in regions where few exist
To inquire about becoming a sponsor of the Susan G Komen Global Race for the Cure in Washington, DC, please contact Griffin Gonzalez (Manager, Sponsorship) email@example.com 972-855-1665 or visit www.GlobalRacefortheCure.org
Passionately Pink for the Cure®
If you like having fun and supporting a great cause, Passionately Pink for the Cure is for you! It’s as easy as planning something fun, inviting others to join you and raising money to fight breast cancer.
You have the freedom to choose what you do (find lots of great ideas here on our web site). You also choose whatever date you want and how much money you want to raise to support Susan G. Komen for the Cure in the fight to end breast cancer forever!
You’ll find everything you need to get started in our Downloadable Team Captain's Kit , from posters to sample e-mails to breast health information.
Don’t wait – go Passionately Pink for the Cure today!