> Grants Administrator, Research Programs - (Dallas, Texas)
Serves as primary point of contact for grant applicants and recipients. Supports science management team in application and peer review processes. Coordinates submission of required documents, grant contracting, legal requests, and vetting related to award initiation. Ensures deliverables are received from grantees and grant payments are issued and recorded. Fields requests for grant changes and escalates to appropriate Komen staff. Responsible for document storage and information management utilizing the online proposalCENTRAL system. Produces complex, Excel-based reports that provide statistics, demographics, ratings, averages, and other numerical and text-based data. Schedules and plans conference calls, webinars and meetings.
- Assists Science Management Team during application and peer review processes.
- Prepares and sends routine reviewer documents and correspondence such as reviewer guides and instructions
- Tracks submission of reviewer ratings and critiques and issues reminders of deadlines, etc. Follows up with reviewers to obtain missing information
- Prepares complex reports summarizing and calculating ratings to support Committee Chairperson review; prepares document summarizing reviewer critiques
- Posts critique summaries to application system and issues notification of review results to applicants
- Maintains knowledge of requirements as outlined in the Request for Applications, determines applicant eligibility, and answers questions about application elements
- Escalates inquiries to Scientific Grants Managers as needed.
- Prepares reviewer honoraria payments, collects and tracks financial documentation.
- Supports funded grants administration and science management processes
- Communicates with grantee institution to obtain required documents and executed Grant Agreement;
- Ensures science management review of potential overlap in funding, and requests for exceptions to IRB and IACUC approval requirements.
- Escalates requests for delay in funding to Manager, Scientific Grants Administration.
- Escalates legal issues to Komen Legal Department.
- Obtains grantee payment information and prepares vendor log form for each grantee for transmission to Komen Accounting Department.
- Ensures that correspondence with grantees and institutional officials are documented within proposalCENTRAL
- Issues reminders to grantees and science managers on upcoming deliverable due dates; informs science managers and Manager, Scientific Grants Administration of delinquencies.
- Ensures that grant payments and refund are approved, issued and appropriately recorded in proposalCENTRAL.
- Ensures that grant refunds are received and appropriately recorded in KGMS.
- Fields requests for changes to research plans, personnel, budget, and institution and escalates to appropriate management staff.
- Obtains annual updates of required documents
- Assists in oral and written communication with grantees, financial officials, peer review committee members, and other individuals as needed to maintain required documents, reports and payments.
- Produces complex documents and reports
- Uses Excel and Access to track information, calculate reviewer ratings, prepare financial data, and prepare other grant portfolio reports as needed.
- Schedules conference calls, webinars and meetings
- Prepares Agendas and supporting documents
- Coordinates with Events and IT departments for A/V needs, food & beverage, travel, etc.
- Takes notes and prepares minutes and reports as needed
- Supports grantee and affiliate engagement efforts through such projects as the Grantee Welcome Packet; grantee alumni programs; and development of research investment reports and maps.
- Supports communications and education efforts to develop strategies and novel approaches for illustrating the impact of Komen's research investments.
The Grants Administrator has no direct reports.
Describe minimum (type and amount) of experience required for competent performance in the job.
Bachelor’s degree and five or more years of related experience. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including functions of Excel and Access to generate substantive reports. Ability to manage a large, complex workflow with multiple deadlines, data points, and priorities. Highly developed administrative and organizational skills, and financial acumen. Superior interpersonal skills, both in person and on the telephone. Demonstrated success coordinating information and data across multiple team members. Shows positive approach to work, flexibility, cultural awareness, sensitivity to relationships, security, and confidentiality. .
Describe preferred (type and amount) of experience for competent performance in the job.
Master’s degree in public health or public administration, with two or more years of related experience, preferably within health research and/or scientific project development. Knowledge of the scientific and research process, particularly research funding and grant-making operations.
Describe specialized knowledge requirements of the position.
Advanced expertise of Excel and Access required.
Return to the
list of all openings or openings by department