Provides technical assistance and serves as a subject matter expert for Susan G. Komen in the area of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of community-based public health programs and projects. Coordinates the internal Community Profile review process. Develops M&E tools, trainings and resources that respond to the needs of Komen Headquarters and the Affiliates. Helps Affiliates assess breast health needs in their communities.
- Serves as a resource to Komen headquarters and Affiliates to plan for, implement, and communicate community health M&E activities.
- Coordinates the internal Community Profile review process that includes, but is not limited to, communication of assignments, tracking reviewer progress, and tracking Affiliate approvals/rejections/submissions.
- Works with Evaluation and Outcomes staff to implement effective community health evaluation projects and programs utilizing the most current information available. Researches and develops tools enabling Affiliates to implement appropriate evaluation strategies.
- Assists in the development of professional evaluation reports that convey the outputs, outcomes and impact of Komen’s Mission.
- Designs content and materials to train Affiliates on the steps involved in the assessment, development, and management of effective community health evaluation. Serves as a trainer for classes and workshops, as appropriate.
- Develops tools and materials such as surveys, reporting templates, mapping tools, and marketing materials in collaboration with other departments (such as Information Technology, Marketing) to support M&E activities.
- Works with the Regional Directors to recognize outstanding community health program evaluation, and support the development and implementation of model programs by the Affiliates and Komen funded community programs/projects.
- Maintains several databases related to survey tracking and program/project outputs, outcomes and impacts.
- Develops internal and external communications for the Evaluation and Outcomes Team regarding community health evaluation.
- Maintains an advanced level of expertise in community health M&E as well as non-profit grantmaking trends and practices.
- Manages vendor contract processes including, but not limited to, request for proposals, review/selection process, and payment of invoices,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Evaluation Specialist has no direct reports.
Describe minimum (type and amount) of experience required for competent performance in the job.
BS or BA in community health, health education, health communications, public health, or a related health field and at least 1 year of prior community health program evaluation and community health assessment experience. Requires demonstrated experience as a public speaker or a trainer. Excellent written, verbal, presentation and problem solving skills required.
Describe preferred (type and amount) of experience for competent performance in the job.
Prefer a Master’s degree or higher in Public Health or related field. Two or more years working in a public health environment conducting program evaluation and community health assessments considered a plus. Professional certification (i.e. CHES, CPH) considered a plus. Experience with grants process, either as a grantmaker or grant recipient considered a plus.
Describe specialized knowledge requirements of the position.
Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Strong organizational, planning, communication and customer service skills. Knowledge of public health program evaluation design and development, health statistics and knowledge management required. Strong project management, writing and presentation skills.
Return to the
list of all openings or openings by department