> Corporate & Foundations Giving Specialist (Dallas, Texas)
Working closely with the Corporate & Foundation Giving Manager and Director, Development to support the Corporate & Foundation Giving team in the identification of new corporate and foundation prospects including new business outreach preparation. Additionally, the Corporate & Foundation Giving Specialist will assist in stewardship activities for existing corporate and foundation relationships. The Corporate & Foundation Giving Specialist will focus on grant-writing and research of potential funding opportunities, providing support on proposal submission to private and corporate foundations as well as stewardship reporting and creating communication to existing business.
- Completes research about corporations and foundations with the potential to provide funds for mission advancement for Susan G. Komen. Researches questions related to proposal development, including potential donor alignment, statistics associated with relevant programs, and giving donation history. Provides research findings to Corporate & Foundation Giving team for review and consideration. Researches potential funding using the internet, printed materials, search tools and other leads.
- Writes and submits proposals to foundations. Develops cultivation and stewardship plans for strengthening and expanding existing foundation relationships. Prepares profile summaries for specific Komen-sponsored programs in need of funding support.
- Uses database to update and track prospects and ongoing stewardship of foundation donors. Adds donors, ensures accurate contact information is maintained, tracks donation history and commitment agreements, and provides reminder notices where applicable.
- Compiles and ensures adherence to external timelines for key proposals, meetings, and reporting expectations of external foundations. Maintains necessary documentation of activity in Komen’s fundraising database.
- Coordinates Corporate & Foundation Giving meeting preparation, including program summaries, donor backgrounders and meeting briefs.
- Works with Corporate & Foundation Giving team to align potential donors with strategic imperatives for fundraising.Collaborates on the development and submission of proposals to foundations, including drafting of concept notes and template proposals.
- Liaises with and supports Development and mission staff to identify new and existing opportunities, accurately and persuasively communicate organizational mission, goals and impact for current and prospective funders and help to develop content for Corporate & Foundation Giving fundraising and stewardship efforts.
- Responds to inquiries from current and prospective donors such as annual reports, press packets, event/program materials, and related merchandise. Secures, assembles, and distributes requested information/material.
- Coordinates arrangements for meetings and small scale donor events/lunches including correspondence, travel, and event logistics.
- Manages and maintains all key donor records and writes compelling communication for donor newsletters, outreach and stewardship.
- Performs general tasks such as word processing, filing, copying, ordering stewardship gifts, and mailing of material/product for key donors/partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Corporate & Foundation Giving Specialist has no direct reports.
Describe minimum (type and amount) of experience required for competent performance in the job.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Business or related field or the equivalent. Knowledge of the grant-writing process and 2-3 years directly related work experience required. Intermediate knowledge of corporate/foundation fundraising principles, techniques and processes. Analytical skills to conceptualize program ideas and translate them into funding proposals; track and report program results for grant-reporting obligations. Requires excellent writing and interpersonal skills, and the persuasive expression of well-formulated ideas.
Describe preferred (type and amount) of experience for competent performance in the job.
Knowledge of the grant-writing process, working with corporations, foundations, major donors and 3-5 years direct related work/nonprofit experience a plus.
Describe specialized knowledge requirements of the position.
Intermediate to advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite for project analysis and reporting.
Return to the
list of all openings or openings by department