Works with the Director and major gifts team to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donor relationships for Komen’s National Major Gifts (NMG) program and signature events. Researches prospective major donors; cultivates and solicits Major Donors, and coordinates cultivation events to support major gift giving (to include HTP, PPN, PPP, etc.). Assists in the development of strategy for major giving initiatives. Identifies, researches, and analyzes prospect data, develops donor profiles and backgrounds, recommends cultivation strategies, and supports the prospect tracking system. Serves as a liaison between the NMG team and Komen operations staff to guide the project deliverables of Komen programs. Implements initiatives and collaborative efforts within assigned focus area. Provides support to assigned fundraising professionals and provides administrative duties as assigned.
- Coordinates strategic planning with Director and major gifts team for the long term funding goals of NMG team and helps to create yearly fundraising plan for high net worth individuals.
- Helps build and expand a prospect pipeline through existing and new relationships and with our signature fundraising events.
- Supports aggressive organizational efforts to secure five, six, and seven-figure unrestricted and restricted grants from potential donors.
- Manages a portfolio of donor relationships within NMG team. Coordinates stewardship efforts and collaborates with program staff to ensure accurate reporting.
- Maintains necessary documentation of activity in Komen’s fundraising database.
- Responsible for all stages of proposal development and submission, including qualifying research, writing, editing, and adapting grant proposals for potential donors.
- Liaises with and supports NMG staff in identifying promising opportunities that meet program and organizational funding needs.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of current and planned internal programs for the purposes of identifying opportunities, and accurately and persuasively communicating organizational mission, goals, and impact to current and prospective funders.
- Researches prospects/potential major donors that support organizational programs and mission, and informs key staff of pertinent information on implications to current and future funding opportunities.
- Develops written proposals to support organizational programs and initiatives, and works with NMG staff on presentations to identified and qualified prospects.
- Assists with budget design, tracking, and reporting for NMG proposals, in conjunction with finance and program staff.
- Monitors NMG funding to ensure fulfillment of donor requests and preferences.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date hard and electronic donor files and generates reports on donations received, pending, declined, and in-process.
- Creates and manages annual submission and reporting schedules.
- Drafts, reviews and/or edits communication sent to donors and prospects.
- Creates specific and individualized presentations and communication materials for the NMG team to utilize in fundraising meetings and events.
- Works with the appropriate Affiliate network to ensure major donors receive the correct national and local benefits depending on the donor’s territory and gift intent.
- Uses the database to track major donor activity and gift benefit distribution, including data entry and reporting on donor giving trends; Updates the database with donor giving levels and benefits to ensure proper stewardship of each donor.
- Produces weekly updated major gifts report and any necessary reports requested.
- On an occasional basis, may provide backup assistance with the coordination of team travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
Describe minimum (type and amount) of experience required for competent performance in the job.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, plus 3-5 years directly related work experience (major gift experience preferred). Knowledge of non-profit fundraising experience; events and individual fundraising principles, techniques and processes required. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively implement fundraising strategies and events, with experience organizing and executing fundraising activities to target external major gifts or events. Analytical skills to conceptualize complex program ideas and translate them into multi-year, high-dollar funding proposals; track and report program results for grant-reporting obligations. Requires excellent writing and interpersonal skills, and the persuasive expression of well-formulated ideas. Position demands the ability to positively interact internally as a team member as well as externally with high wealth donors and leadership members.
Describe preferred (type and amount) of experience for competent performance in the job.
Prefer major gift fundraising experience with building long term relationships with high end donors in a national non-profit environment. Degree or certification in non-profit management a plus.
Describe specialized knowledge requirements of the position.
Intermediate to Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and must possess advanced organizational/interpersonal skills. Position requires some travel (not to exceed 10%).
Return to the
list of all openings or openings by department