Works with assigned Affiliates and cross-functional staff to identify benchmarks and standards of excellence in all aspects of Komen Race for the Cure® revenue generation and planning. Serves as a subject matter expert to the Regional Directors, Affiliate staff and the local Komen Race for the CureÒ committees. Provides strategic advice, guidance, resources and evaluation for development, management, and implementation of Komen Race for the CureÒ events at the local level. Works with internal and external cross-functional teams in the development of models and supporting resources to build the capacity of the Race series, meet or exceed standards of excellence, and design solutions that ensure alignment of the Race series with the strategic direction of the organization. Evaluates Race series performance to benchmarks and standards of excellence
- Leads the identification of benchmarks and standards of excellence (nationally, regionally and/or by Affiliate group) and resource gaps related to building the capacity of the Komen Race for the Cure series. Collaborates with appropriate internal and external resources to fill recognized gaps.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to assigned Affiliates to advance the Race series with overall organizational strategy. Provides ideas, resolution, strategy, and direction for assessing Affiliate Race capacity, recommending revenue support models and plans, and evaluating progress of Affiliates to achieve desired goals.
- Works in partnership with Affiliates to set, monitor, and achieve Affiliate Race revenue goals.
- Works with Regional Directors to fulfill capacity building recommendations.
- Provides strategic direction to Affiliates for development and implementation of advanced fundraising, recruitment and local sponsorship strategies resulting in increased revenue.
- Performs ongoing analysis for key performance metrics related to registration and participant fundraising behavior
- Review and recommend updates to Race series policies to Manager, Race Revenue and Director, Komen Race for the Cure®. Develop procedures to ensure compliance with Komen Operational Guidelines and Race related policies.
- Proactively develops, plans and facilitates advanced RFTC training opportunities offered to Affiliates annually through Affiliate Learning and Development, regional summits, and customized Affiliate training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Describe minimum (type and amount) of experience required for competent performance in the job.
BS/BA degree or equivalent. 5-7 years of experience in the non-profit sector and/or event planning or fundraising. Excellent communications skills are required, with a demonstrated ability to provide complex problem-solving solutions. Must exhibit strong abilities to influence and motivate others with interpersonal and inter-group behaviors in a variety of cross-cultural and cross-functional situations and circumstances. Can mediate between different points of view and seeks to integrate diverse views. Excellent writing and problem solving skills required. Willingness to take personal responsibility for the outcomes resulting from his/her judgment, guidance, and decisions. Proven ability to manage a number of projects with varying priorities at one time. Ability to identify various strategies (operational, logistical, and financial) to maximize assigned Affiliate fundraising events.Extensive knowledge of online communication and fundraising techniques and in-depth understanding of online event management through Blackbaud/Convio TeamRaiser
Describe preferred (type and amount) of experience for competent performance in the job.
Prefer a thorough understanding of the Affiliate Network, Komen Race for the Cure series, and/or Blackbaud/Convio TeamRaiser. The ideal candidate is a successful cross-functional team builder with a customer service focus and strong interpersonal skills.
Describe specialized knowledge requirements of the position.
Ability to influence, educate, and motivate diverse groups of people. Specialized knowledge in one or more of the following areas: fundraising, event planning, Convio TeamRaiser, operational planning and evaluation.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Travel to Affiliate sites required and typically includes weekends and evenings.
Return to the
list of all openings or openings by department