Responsible for testing activities surrounding assigned systems and applications within the Komen IT department, including vendor shared service platforms. Participates in the project life cycle, from analysis to production implementation.
- Creates, prepares and implements quality assurance reviews for applications and the development and execution of test plans and test scripts.
- Works with business owner(s) to establish and maintain a consistent test methodology and to resolve questions during the testing process.
- Researches new products and industry methodologies and provides input in the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- May serve as a coordinator for all testing activities on a project, including test plans written by others.
- Performs low to moderately complex test data conditioning, regression testing and testing validation.
- Analyzes, tests, and certifies application-specific software and performs ambiguity reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents.
- Logs, tracks, and verifies resolution of software and specification defects.
- Documents QA testing phases for a given project.
- Uses knowledge of applications to provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving low to moderately complex test problems.
- Provides specific guidance on defects to developers.
The Quality Assurance Analyst 1 has no direct reports.
Describe minimum (type and amount) of experience required for competent performance in the job.
Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, a related field or equivalent plus 1-3 years in the Information Technology field. Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
Describe preferred (type and amount) of experience for competent performance in the job.
Non-profit experience a plus. Experience creating test plans and test scenarios a plus.
Experience with testing software and bug tracking software.
Describe specialized knowledge requirements of the position.
Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007 (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook). Must be able to work some non-business hours – including evenings, holidays, and weekends.
Return to the
list of all openings or openings by department