Lead the development and tactical implementation of Susan G. Komen’s digital strategy across departments and all interactive and social media channels. The strategic focus of the position is to build a more active online community and network among Komen’s diverse bench of supporters, donors, partners and employees, as well as engaging new and diverse audiences to join our global mission to discover and deliver the cures for breast cancer.
Primary functions include leading both Komen’s overall digital strategy and managing the development of a next generation technology platform to increase the organization’s visibility, revenue generation, share of conversation online, content syndication and means of engagement with current and potential stakeholders.
- Provides ongoing Interactive Marketing and Strategic Communications program development, strategic vision, and budget guidance for Komen Headquarters. Also provides Affiliate consultation on interactive strategies and projects as needed.
- Analyzes organizational marketing plans and recommends interactive and online communications programs that will help achieve Komen’s objectives.
- Leads and participates in regular organizational Interactive Marketing and Strategic Communications meetings and discussions to ensure traditional and online programs are fully integrated across Komen’s entire web, mobile and social media channels.
- Maintains and grows revenue from current and new online marketing channels.
- Develops creative and social media strategies and concepts, as well as setting program goals and measurements for success.
- Leads overall digital strategy program development processes and establishes budget priorities to meet revenue goals
- Works with IT staff to provide recommendations on online channel optimization (national and affiliate online assets) to support overall design, implementation, and measurement models for success
- Ensures timely deliverables, meets strategic goals and drive the organization forward based on overall marketing and communications directives.
- Serves as lead contact for all digital and social media discussions with external agencies on organizational, technology and campaign specific development.
The Manager, Digital Marketing may manage 2 direct reports and coordinate with staff across varying departmental functions.
Describe minimum (type and amount) of experience required for competent performance in the job.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent experience, plus 8-10 years of management experience in interactive marketing, journalism, communications or public relations, including 5 to 7 years of online, social and mobile platform experience. Significant knowledge and expertise with consumer and/or social media. Excellent communication and writing skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-centric, campaign-like environment. Strong organization skills and attention to detail are essential, as well as creativity and ability to think outside the box. Experience in working with and/or managing staff and outside vendors, including PR, marketing or interactive agencies would be ideal. Ability to develop substantive reporting and measurement processes to determine program ROI.
Describe preferred (type and amount) of experience for competent performance in the job.
Describe specialized knowledge requirements of the position.
Strong understanding of next-generation interactive technologies and related social media strategies, as well as experience leading programs and coordinated efforts across internal teams and departments. Strong analytics/modeling skills with the ability to convert raw data into actionable business insights (proprietary tools, Google Analytics, etc.). Experience with continually evaluating and improving marketing activities through segmentation, testing, targeting, and contact optimization with the goal of improving marketing effectiveness through measurement and ROI. Experience and ability to leverage traditional market research and online analytics to enhance effectiveness and generate revenue. Experience coordinating the self-service reporting and analysis of web analytic platform usage to prove and justify the values the tools continue to provide: who uses the tools, and why.
Return to the
list of all openings or openings by department