Directs a team that generates approximately $20 million annually through development and selling of sponsorships and cause marketing partnerships. Develops and executes partnership objectives and action plans; guides the identification of new sponsorship opportunities and target corporations. Develops revenue generation opportunities to drive sponsorship sales and cause partnerships.
- Develops overall sponsorship strategy for the identification and solicitation of prospective targets for sponsorship of Race for the Cure, 3-Day, Global Race and other Komen programs as needed as well as cause marketing programs and partnerships.
- Directs, develops, and manages a Partnership team to generate revenue and develop partner relationships while ensuring best practices are followed and relevant statutes, guidelines, and legal requirements are met.
- Proactively seeks out and develops new platforms for revenue generation from corporate entities.
- Represents partnerships on organization committees and cross-functional groups.
- Provides strategic direction in sponsorship curriculum development and training for Komen Affiliate organizations.
- Recruits, retains, manages, and motivates high performing employees. Ensures performance reviews are conducted in a timely manner, coaches staff, and demonstrates commitment to growth and development of subordinates.
- Ensures that team initiatives and activities comply with approved budgets.
BS or BA degree or equivalent experience required plus 10 or more years of experience in corporate marketing, business development, creative development of marketing programs and promotions, and developing, directing and coaching a team. Must have strategic planning, business development, and budgetary experience. Demonstrated success managing both projects and subordinates (7-10 years). Polished verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to interface effectively with leaders from blue-chip corporations, key non-profit organizations, board-level directors, external agencies and consultants. Proven ability to analyze and evaluate a competitive landscape, and then develop and execute integrated marketing programs.
Must have a thorough understanding of non-profit business practices, fundraising guidelines, and industry standards, with knowledge of commercial co-venture statutes and BBB guidelines that impact cause-marketing and sponsorship. Requires a clear focus on and commitment to customer service and support. Moderate travel is required and will include evenings and weekends.
Agency experience considered a plus, as is prior experience with volunteer management. Understanding of Komen Affiliate policies also a plus.
Knowledge of commercial co-ventures statues, industry best practices, and industry trends. Also requires knowledge of current events in the business arena that may impact cause marketing or sponsorship activities. Demands proactive planning and outreach on behalf of Komen cause marketing and sponsorship partnerships and programs to media and other audiences. Must effectively manage and develop subordinate staff to include coaching and mentoring.
SUSAN G. KOMEN FOR THE CURE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Return to the
list of all openings or openings by department