> Understanding Breast Cancer
> Metastic Breast Cancer
> Metastatic Breast Cancer References
Metastatic Breast Cancer References
- American Cancer Society. Breast Cancer Facts & Figures 2011-2012, 2011.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology: breast cancer. V.1.2013. http://www.nccn.org, 2013.
- Klijn JG, Blamey RW, Boccardo F, Tominaga T, Duchateau L, Sylvester R for the Combined Hormone Agents Trialists' Group and the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer. Combined tamoxifen and luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) agonist versus LHRH agonist alone in premenopausal advanced breast cancer: a meta-analysis of four randomized trials. J Clin Oncol. 19(2):343-53, 2001.
- Howell SJ and Howell A. Chapter 73: Treatment of metastatic breast cancer-endocrine therapy, in Harris JR, Lippman ME, Morrow M, Osborne CK. Diseases of the Breast, 4th edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2010.
- Baselga J, Campone M, Piccart M, et al. Everolimus in postmenopausal hormone receptor-positive advanced breast cancer. N Engl J Med. 366(6):520-9, 2012.
- Bachelot T, Bourgier C, Cropet C, et al. Randomized phase II trial of everolimus in combination with tamoxifen in patients with hormone receptor-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative metastatic breast cancer with prior exposure to aromatase inhibitors: a GINECO study. J Clin Oncol. 30(22):2718-24, 2012.
- Carey LA, Perou CM, Livasy CA, et al. Race, breast cancer subtypes, and survival in the Carolina Breast cancer Study. JAMA. 295(21):24922502, 2006.
- Slamon DJ, Leyland-Jones B, Shak S, et al. Use of chemotherapy plus a monoclonal antibody against HER2 for metastatic breast cancer that overexpresses HER2. N Engl J Med. 344: 783-92, 2001.
- Andersson M, Lidbrink E, Bjerre K, et al. Phase III randomized study comparing docetaxel plus trastuzumab with vinorelbine plus trastuzumab as first-line therapy of metastatic or locally advanced human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive breast cancer: the HERNATA study. J Clin Oncol. 29(3):264-71, 2011.
- Valero V, Forbes J, Pegram MD, et al. Multicenter phase III randomized trial comparing docetaxel and trastuzumab with docetaxel, carboplatin, and trastuzumab as first-line chemotherapy for patients with HER2-gene-amplified metastatic breast cancer (BCIRG 007 study): two highly active therapeutic regimens. J Clin Oncol. 29(2):149-56, 2011.
- Baselga J, Cortés J, Kim S, et al. for the CLEOPATRA Study Group. Pertuzumab plus trastuzumab plus docetaxel for metastatic breast cancer. N Engl J Med. 366(2):109-19, 2012.
- Blackwell KL, Burstein HJ, Storniolo AM, et al. Overall survival benefit with lapatinib in combination with trastuzumab for patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive metastatic breast cancer: final results from the EGF104900 Study. J Clin Oncol. 30(21):2585-92, 2012.
- Verma S, Miles D, Gianni L, et al. for the EMILIA Study Group. Trastuzumab emtansine for HER2-positive advanced breast cancer. N Engl J Med. 367(19):1783-91, 2012.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. FDA approves new treatment for late-stage breast cancer. http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm340704.htm, 2013.
- Geyer CE, Forster J, Lindquist D, et al. Lapatinib plus capecitabine for HER2-positive advanced breast cancer. N Engl J Med. 355(26):2733-43, 2006.
- Amir E, Ocaña A, Seruga B, Freedman O, Clemons M. Lapatinib and HER2 status: results of a meta-analysis of randomized phase III trials in metastatic breast cancer. Cancer Treat Rev. 36(5):410-5, 2010.
- Johnston S, Pippen J Jr, Pivot X, et al. Lapatinib combined with letrozole versus letrozole and placebo as first-line therapy for postmenopausal hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 27(33):5538-46, 2009.
- Schwartzberg LS, Franco SX, Florance A, O'Rourke L, Maltzman J, Johnston S. Lapatinib plus letrozole as first-line therapy for HER-2+ hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer. Oncologist. 15(2):122-9, 2010.
- Toi M, Iwata H, Fujiwara Y, et al. Lapatinib monotherapy in patients with relapsed, advanced, or metastatic breast cancer: efficacy, safety, and biomarker results from Japanese patients phase II studies. Br J Cancer. 101(10):1676-82, 2009.
- Sutherland S, Ashley S, Miles D, et al. Treatment of HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer with lapatinib and capecitabine in the lapatinib expanded access programme, including efficacy in brain metastases - the UK experience. Br J Cancer. 102(6):995-1002, 2010.
- Metro G, Foglietta J, Russillo M, et al. Clinical outcome of patients with brain metastases from HER2-positive breast cancer treated with lapatinib and capecitabine. Ann Oncol. 22(3):625-30, 2011.
- Baselga J, Bradbury I, Eidtmann H, et al. for the NeoALTTO Study Team. Lapatinib with trastuzumab for HER2-positive early breast cancer (NeoALTTO): a randomised, open-label, multicentre, phase 3 trial. Lancet. 379(9816):633-40, 2012.
- Untch M, Loibl S, Bischoff J, et al for the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Gynäkologische Onkologie-Breast (AGO-B) Study Group. Lapatinib versus trastuzumab in combination with neoadjuvant anthracycline-taxane-based chemotherapy (GeparQuinto, GBG 44): a randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 13(2):135-44, 2012.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. FDA Commissioner announces Avastin decision. http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm280536.htm, 2011.
- Wong MH, Stockler MR, Pavlakis N. Bisphosphonates and other bone agents for breast cancer. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2:CD003474, 2012.
- Hadji P, Body JJ, Aapro MS, et al. Practical guidance for the management of aromatase inhibitor-associated bone loss. Ann Oncol. 19(8):1407-16, 2008.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Bisphosphonates information. http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm101551.htm, 2010.
- Aapro M, Abrahamsson PA, Body JJ, et al. Guidance on the use of bisphosphonates in solid tumours: recommendations of an international expert panel. Ann Oncol. 19(3):420-32, 2008.
- National Cancer Institute. Eating hints for cancer patients: before, during, and after treatment. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/eatinghints/page4, 2009.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology: cancer-related fatigue. V.1.2013. http://www.nccn.org, 2013.
- Headley JA, Ownby KK, John LD. The effect of seated exercise on fatigue and quality of life in women with advanced breast cancer. Oncol Nurs Forum. 31(5):977-83, 2004.
- Jones M, Schenkel B, Just J, Fallowfield L. Epoetin alfa improves quality of life in patients with cancer: results of meta analysis. Cancer. 101(8):1720-32, 2004.
- Aapro M, Leonard RC, Barnadas A, et al. Effect of once-weekly epoetin beta on survival in patients with metastatic breast cancer receiving anthracycline- and/or taxane-based chemotherapy: results of the Breast Cancer-Anemia and the Value of Erythropoietin (BRAVE) study. J Clin Oncol. 26(4):592-8, 2008.
- Rizzo JD, Somerfield MR, Hagerty KL, et al. Use of epoetin and darbepoetin in patients with cancer: 2007 American Society of Clinical Oncology/American Society of Hematology clinical practice guideline update. J Clin Oncol. 26(1):132-49, 2008.
- Hershman DL, Buono DL, Malin J, McBride R, Tsai WY, Neugut AI. Patterns of use and risks associated with erythropoiesis-stimulating agents among Medicare patients with cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 101(23):1633-41, 2009.
- Chavez-MacGregor M, Zhao H, Fang S, Srokowski TP, Hortobagyi GN, Giordano SH. Complications associated with erythropoietin-stimulating agents in patients with metastatic breast cancer: a Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results-Medicare study. Cancer. 117(16):3641-9, 2011.
- Fong PC, Boss DS, Yap TA, et al. Inhibition of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase in tumors from BRCA mutation carriers. N Engl J Med. 361(2):123-34, 2009.
- Cristofanelli M, Budd GT, Ellis MJ, Stopeck AS, et al. Circulating tumor cells, disease progression, and survival in metastatic breast cancer. N Engl J Med. 351(8):781-91, 2004.
- Dawood S, Broglio K, Valero V, et al. Circulating tumor cells in metastatic breast cancer: from prognostic stratification to modification of the staging system? Cancer. 113(9):2422-30, 2008.
- Pierga JY, Hajage D, Bachelot T, et al. High independent prognostic and predictive value of circulating tumor cells compared with serum tumor markers in a large prospective trial in first-line chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer patients. Ann Oncol. 23(3):618-24, 2012.
- Harris L, Fritsche H, Mennel R, et al. for the American Society of Clinical Oncology. American Society of Clinical Oncology 2007 update of recommendations for the use of tumor markers in breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 25(33):5287-312, 2007.
- World Health Organization (WHO). Cancer Pain Relief, second edition. Geneva: WHO, 1996.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). NCCN Clinical practice guidelines in oncology: Adult cancer pain V.2.2012. http://www.nccn.org/, 2012.
- American Cancer Society. Pain control. http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/PhysicalSideEffects/Pain/PainDiary/index, 2010.
- National Cancer Institute. Pain control: Support for people with cancer. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/paincontrol/allpages, 2012.