> Understanding Breast Cancer
> After Treatment
> Questions for Your Provider - Survivorship
Questions for Your Provider - Survivorship
Learn more about talking to your health care provider
- What does my follow-up care include? What is the schedule of follow-up visits?
- Which health care provider is in charge of my follow-up care?
- What symptoms, possibly related to my treatment or to my cancer, should I be aware of and discuss with you (or the provider in charge of my follow-up care)?
- Are there healthy behaviors I can adopt that may prolong my survival or reduce my chance of breast cancer recurrence?
- What do I need to consider if I would like to have a child now that I have been treated for breast cancer?
- What is the best way for me to treat menopausal symptoms?
- Tell me about lymphedema and my chances for getting it. What signs or symptoms should I watch for and tell you about?
- Can you suggest a counselor or support group that can help me adjust to life after breast cancer treatment?
- Can you suggest ways my spouse/partner and I can address issues related to our post-treatment sexual relationship or refer me to a psychologist or counselor who specializes in these issues?
- How does my having breast cancer affect the risk of my family members?
- Should my family or I consider being tested for a BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene mutation?
- What issues should my family and I think about when considering genetic testing?
- Can you recommend a genetic counselor to help me and my family decide if genetic testing is right for us?
- What behaviors can my family members adopt to lower their risk of breast cancer?