> Understanding Breast Cancer
> Questions for Your Potential Provider
Questions for Your Potential Provider
- What is your medical specialty? Are you board certified in that specialty?
- What percent of your practice is devoted to breast cancer treatment?
- Will my health care team meet as a group to discuss my care?
- What is the accreditation status of the medical center where you practice?
- Does your medical center accept my health insurance plan?
- For surgeons: How many times a year do you perform the procedure you are recommending for me? How many times a year is the procedure done at the hospital where you practice?
- Which diagnosis and treatment guidelines do you use as the basis of your breast cancer care?
- Which diagnosis and treatment guidelines does the medical center use as the basis of its breast cancer care?
Learn more about talking to your health care provider.