> Understanding Breast Cancer
> Integrative and Complementary Therapies References
Integrative and Complementary Therapies References
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, National Institutes of Health. What Is Complementary and Alternative Medicine? http://nccam.nih.gov/health/whatiscam/, 2012.
- Barnes PM, Bloom B, Nahin RL. Complementary and alternative medicine use among adults and children: United States, 2007. Natl Health Stat Report. (12):1-23, 2008.
- Navo MA, Phan J, Vaughan C, et al. An assessment of the utilization of complementary and alternative medication in women with gynecologic or breast malignancies. J Clin Oncol. 22: 671-7, 2004.
- Buettner C, Kroenke CH, Phillips RS, Davis RB, Eisenberg DM, Holmes MD. Correlates of use of different types of complementary and alternative medicine by breast cancer survivors in the Nurses' Health Study. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 100(2):219-27, 2006.
- Gansler T, Kaw C, Crammer C, Smith T. A population-based study of prevalence of complementary methods use by cancer survivors: a report from the American Cancer Society's studies of cancer survivors. Cancer. 113(5):1048-57, 2008.
- Saxe GA, Madlensky L, Kealey S, Wu DP, Freeman KL, Pierce JP. Disclosure to physicians of CAM use by breast cancer patients: findings from the Women's Healthy Eating and Living Study. Integr Cancer Ther. 7(3):122-9, 2008.
- Greenlee H, Kwan ML, Ergas IJ, et al. Complementary and alternative therapy use before and after breast cancer diagnosis: the Pathways Study. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 117(3):653-65, 2009.
- Carpenter CL, Ganz PA, Bernstein L. Complementary and alternative therapies among very long-term breast cancer survivors. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 116(2):387-96, 2009.
- Davis SR, Lijovic M, Fradkin P, et al. Use of complementary and alternative therapy by women in the first 2 years after diagnosis and treatment of invasive breast cancer. Menopause. 17(5):1004-9, 2010.
- Boon HS, Olatunde F, Zick SM. Trends in complementary/alternative medicine use by breast cancer survivors: Comparing survey data from 1998 and 2005. BMC Womens Health. 7(1):4, 2007.
- Ananth S, Martin W. Health Forum 2005 Complementary and Alternative Medicine Survey of Hospitals: Summary of results. Chicago: Health Forum LLC, 2006.
- Institute of Medicine. Use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) by the American public. Washington, D.C.: Institute of Medicine, 2005.
- Bright-Gbebry M, Makambi KH, Rohan JP, et al. Use of multivitamins, folic acid and herbal supplements among breast cancer survivors: the black women's health study. BMC Complement Altern Med. 11:30, 2011.
- Mackenzie ER, Taylor L, Bloom BS, et al. Ethnic minority use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM): a national probability survey of CAM utilizers. Altern Ther Health Med. 9:50-6, 2003.
- Graham RE, Ahn AC, Davis RB, et al. Use of complementary and alternative medical therapies among racial and ethnic minority adults: results from the 2002 National Health Interview Survey. J Natl Med Assoc. 97: 535-45, 2005.
- Richardson MA, Sanders T, Palmer JL, et al. Complementary/alternative medicine use in a comprehensive cancer center and the implications for oncology. J Clin Oncol. 18: 2505-14, 2000.
- Eisenberg DM, Davis RB, Ettner SL, et al. Trends in alternative medicine use in the United States, 1990-1997: results of a follow-up national survey. JAMA. 280: 1569-75, 1998.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, National Institutes of Health. Tell your health care provider about your use of complementary and alternative medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/timetotalk/forpatients.htm, 2012.
- Jadad AR, Moore RA, Carroll D, Jenkinson C, Reynolds DJ, Gavaghan DJ, McQuay HJ. Assessing the quality of reports of randomized clinical trials: is blinding necessary? Control Clin Trials. 17:1-12, 1996.
- Sparreboom A, Cox MC, Acharya MR, Figg WD. Herbal remedies in the United States: potential adverse interactions with anticancer agents. J Clin Oncol. 22(12):2489-503, 2004.
- Gerber B, Scholz, Reimer T, Briese V, Janni W. Complementary and alternative therapeutic approaches in patients with early breast cancer: a systematic review. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 95(3):199-209, 2006.
- Lawenda BD, Kelly KM, Ladas EJ, Sagar SM, Vickers A, Blumberg JB. Should supplemental antioxidant administration be avoided during chemotherapy and radiation therapy? J Natl Cancer Inst. 100(11):773-83, 2008.
- Ang-Lee MK, Moss J and Yuan CS. Herbal medicines and perioperative care. JAMA. 286: 208-216, 2001.
- Eisenberg DM, Cohen MH, Hrbek A, et al. Credentialing complementary and alternative medical providers. Ann Intern Med. 137: 965-73, 2002.
- American Massage Therapy Association. AMTA Fast Facts. http://www.amtamassage.org/About-AMTA/AMTA-Fast-Facts.html, 2010.
- Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges. State licensure. http://www.aanmc.org, 2012.