> Understanding Breast Cancer
> Complementary and Integrative Therapies References
Complementary and Integrative Therapies References
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, National Institutes of Health. Complementary, alternative, or integrative health: What’s in a name? http://nccam.nih.gov/health/whatiscam/, 2013.
- National Cancer Institute. Dictionary of cancer terms. http://www.cancer.gov/dictionary, 2014.
- Barnes PM, Bloom B, Nahin RL. Complementary and alternative medicine use among adults and children: United States, 2007. Natl Health Stat Report. (12):1-23, 2008.
- Buettner C, Kroenke CH, Phillips RS, Davis RB, Eisenberg DM, Holmes MD. Correlates of use of different types of complementary and alternative medicine by breast cancer survivors in the Nurses' Health Study. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 100(2):219-27, 2006.
- Gansler T, Kaw C, Crammer C, Smith T. A population-based study of prevalence of complementary methods use by cancer survivors: a report from the American Cancer Society's studies of cancer survivors. Cancer. 113(5):1048-57, 2008.
- Saxe GA, Madlensky L, Kealey S, Wu DP, Freeman KL, Pierce JP. Disclosure to physicians of CAM use by breast cancer patients: findings from the Women's Healthy Eating and Living Study. Integr Cancer Ther. 7(3):122-9, 2008.
- Davis SR, Lijovic M, Fradkin P, et al. Use of complementary and alternative therapy by women in the first 2 years after diagnosis and treatment of invasive breast cancer. Menopause. 17(5):1004-9, 2010.
- Ang-Lee MK, Moss J and Yuan CS. Herbal medicines and perioperative care. JAMA. 286: 208-216, 2001.
- Sparreboom A, Cox MC, Acharya MR, Figg WD. Herbal remedies in the United States: potential adverse interactions with anticancer agents. J Clin Oncol. 22(12):2489-503, 2004.
- Gerber B, Scholz, Reimer T, Briese V, Janni W. Complementary and alternative therapeutic approaches in patients with early breast cancer: a systematic review. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 95(3):199-209, 2006.
- Lawenda BD, Kelly KM, Ladas EJ, Sagar SM, Vickers A, Blumberg JB. Should supplemental antioxidant administration be avoided during chemotherapy and radiation therapy? J Natl Cancer Inst. 100(11):773-83, 2008.
- Hershman DL1, Unger JM, Crew KD, et al. Randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial of acetyl-L-carnitine for the prevention of taxane-induced neuropathy in women undergoing adjuvant breast cancer therapy. J Clin Oncol. 31(20):2627-33, 2013.